Thank you for the informative email. I've done a little research on this chain letter. There are some more recent developments. Mother Teresa did actually begin this chain email in 1952. That she did so decades before the invention of the Internet, and even before photocopiers were available, is one of the miracles being considered by the Vatican in favor of her sainthood. There have been other miraculous events associated with this email as well:
- Murray Henderson of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania forwarded this email to six of his friends. The next week he got an email from the wife of a deposed dictator in an African country he had never heard of, asking for his help in getting millions of dollars out of the country and offering him a generous share in return.
- On April 25, 2011, Osama bin Laden of Abbotabad, Pakistan refused to forward the email on the ground that the woman in the picture was "immodestly clad," being without a veil. Several days later, his compound was raided and he was killed.
- Isabella Rodriguez "forgot" to forward this email. A week later she was eaten by a jaguar in her Manhattan apartment.
- Victor Jasinski of Meshchovsk, Russia, didn't forward the email either. He was caught attempting to burglarize a beauty salon by its owner, Olga Zajac. It is not known whether Olga Zajac ever even saw the email. Google this if you don't believe me.
- Sometime last year Tilipos Papantoniou of Athens, Greece, failed to forward his email, and his homeland suffered a major economic crisis. But Wilfred Nettleton of Washington, D.C. did forward this email, but only to the President of the United States, the Speaker of the House, the Secretary of the Treasury, and the Secretary of the Interior. Results were mixed.
- But Belinda Heinke of Dacron, Ohio did forward the message on October 17, 2010, and later that month received several cards congratulating her on her birthday. Her birthday actually was October 25. But one of her friends, Fran Paluka of the same city did not forward the email. She was kidnapped by space aliens, probed, and when she awoke she found a pimple on her face that had not been there before and her astrological sign had mysteriously been changed to Aquarius.
I am forwarding it back to you and everyone else in the chain that I can identify. I'm using BCC, which I've shown you before and I'm not telling you whom I sent them to. I may have missed some of them, so send this out to all of your friends and say this prayer:
Chaplain: Let us praise God. O Lord...
Congregation: O Lord...
Chaplain: ...Ooh, You are so big...
Congregation: ...ooh, You are so big...
Chaplain: ...So absolutely huge.
Congregation: ...So absolutely huge.
Chaplain: Gosh, we're all really impressed down here, I can tell You.
Congregation: Gosh, we're all really impressed down here, I can tell You.
Chaplain: Forgive us, O Lord, for this, our dreadful toadying, and...
Congregation: And barefaced flattery.
Chaplain: But You are so strong and, well, just so super.
This is superstitious nonsense. Nothing happens if you don't forward chain mail spam. This is not superstitious, however, if you do send me any more crap like this again I'll come into your office smoking my cigar.
P.S. I got the same crap from a Catholic a few months ago, but instead of this picture it had a Virgin Mary of Guadalupe and a Hail Mary instead of the Lord's Prayer. I didn't respond. I just deleted it. The next Saturday I woke up with a horrible hangover. I wonder if the author plagiarized Catholic spam. I suspect so, because of the reference to a "novena" which is apparently some kind of Catholic prayer. How damn pitiful can you get plagiarizing spam?
I love the picture and thought you would enjoy the prayer. We all could use a little blessing, I think. :)
Look at this closely
[Picture of woman petitioning Jesus for help removed to avoid offending Osama bin Laden's compatriots and because I don't know if it's copyright protected.]
The President of Argentina received this picture and called it "junk mail" 8 days later his son died . A man received this picture & immediately
Sent out copies . His surprise was winning the lottery . Alberto Martinez
Received this picture, gave it to his secretary to make copies but they
forgot to distribute: She lost her job & he lost his family . This picture is
miraculous & sacred .
The moment you receive it, say :
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come. Thy
will be done, on earth as it is in heaven, give us this day our daily
bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass
against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil . Amen .
No matter how much your enemies try this year, they will not succeed .
You have been destined to make it and you shall surely achieve all your
goals this year . For all of 2011, all your agonies will be diverted and victory and
prosperity will be incoming in abundance .
Today God has confirmed the end of your sufferings, sorrows and pain because HE that sits on the throne has remembered you. He has taken away the hardships and given you JOY . He will never let you down . . ...
I knocked at heaven's door this morning, God asked me . My child! What can
I do for you? And I said, 'Father, please protect and bless the person reading this message . . . '
It has never been broken . Within 48 hours send 20 copies (Or as many as
you can - God does know if you don't have 20 people to send it to .
It's the effort and intent that counts . ) to family and friends .
Do not send it back to the person who sent it to you.
Please do not break it . .